Winter is here and it certainly has arrived with a vengeance. Whilst our feet are generally out of site in the colder months, they still need some attention. If you’ve ever suffered from chilblains you’ll know how painful they can be. So, what are chilblains and how can you help to prevent them?
Chilblains are painful areas of the skin that can appear red, white or purple and sometimes become itchy
Poor circulation, cold weather and sudden changes in the temperature can all contribute to developing them
Follow these 5 tips to help prevent chilblains
1. Keep you whole body, including your feet warm
2. Use natural fibre socks, wear ugg boots (yes they do look ugly get over it)
3. Avoid putting your feet in front of a fire/heater or applying a heat pack, hot water bottle or electric blanket directly to your feet
4. Avoid sudden changes in temperature – hot showers to cold tiles, warm room to cold outside etc
5. Dry your feet thoroughly after showering & make sure your shoes & socks are dry
If your chilblains are not clearing or getting worse, call one of our clinics or go to www.healthylifefootclinic.com.au
For the month of July we are offering 50% off the normal price of our Paraffin Wax Bath Experience
This is great for everyone with sore, aching feet, poor circulation & dry skin. You’ll also get to enjoy a foot massage to complete the experience.
Only valid for July. Normal price $35. Call Burnside or Woodville clinics to make an appointment.