My feet hurt! My ankles ache! My knees are stiff!
If this sounds like you, then keep reading!
At Healthy Life Foot Clinic we have recently introduced Low Level Laser Therapy or LLLT . This is a relatively new type of treatment in Australia even though it has been used in the UK, Europe & the USA for more than 40 years. Before I talk about what LLLT can treat, it helps to know the basics of what LLLT is & what it does. LLLT involves the application of low level laser (that means it doesn’t heat the tissue) & light to damaged tissue. When LLLT is applied to the skin, your tissues absorb the light & converts it to energy.
That energy aids in
- Repair of damaged tissue
- Reduction of inflammation & swelling
- Minimising pain
So what can it be used for?
Some of the more common foot & leg problems we have been treat ing with LLLT include
- Heel pain (plantar fasciitis)
- Achilles tendonitis
- Arthritis in the foot & ankle & joints that have become stiff, tight & restricted
- We have also been treating diabetic neuropathy (numb feet) with excellent results.
It is extremely effective when used on its own. However, it can also be used in conjunction with other therapies such as foot mobilisation, dry needling , orthotics & exercises.
The Healthy Life Foot Clinic Top 5
- Always apply sunscreen to the tops of feet – THEY BURN EASILY
- Moisturise your feet daily with a Urea cream such as WALKERS or CALLUSAN
- Don’t leave nail polish on permanently – you may increase your RISK OF FUNGAL NAIL INFECTIONS
- Enjoy WALKING BAREFOOTED on grass & sand
- Wearing more sandals & thongs? You may notice an increase in FOOT & LEG PAIN due to a lack of support. We can help with a great selection of supportive thongs, sandals & orthotics available at each clinic
FUN FACT # 173
Birthdays are good for
Studies have shown that people
who have more birthdays
live the longest.
If you’ve had orthotics in the past, you may have had plaster casts taken of your feet. Thankfully, you can now throw them away. We have just introduced some very cool technology – 3D Digital iPad Scanners. This technology means we can take a three dimensional image of your foot – this replaces the need for plaster casts – this technology is incredibly accurate, fast & allows us to get your orthotics back much quicker. And the orthotics are SUPER COMFY & EFFECTIVE.
What’s Up In this edition?
- Low Level Laser Therapy
- Healthy Life Foot Clinic Top 5
- FUN FACT #173
- You Didn’t Know That Did You – Get to know Jo & Mera better
- What’s New – latest technology
- Special Offer!
With our new digital scanning technology, for a short time we are offering 30%* off our orthotics. Speak to our admin staff for further information or call either our Woodville or Burnside clinic for further information.
(* -30% off the regular fee when having digital scans & orthotics until 31st Dec 2016).
Jo has a passion for all facets of Podiatry and enjoys working with a wide variety of ages. She has a particular interest in manual therapy utilizing skills such as dry needling & western medical acupuncture, foot mobilization & Low Level Laser Therapy.
Mera has a love for all aspects of podiatry, especially paediatrics & general foot care. Mera also has a strong interest in nail surgery & regularly performs surgery to solve painful ingrown toenails.